This job is no longer accepting applications.
Omnibiz Africa is a unified FMCG trade platform that eliminates the inefficiencies of traditional trade by digitizing the key stakeholders. They bring together neighbourhood retailers, distributors, 3rd party logistics partners and FMCG manufacturers onto a single platform. Omnibiz ensures retailers get better ROI and distributors/manufacturers grow volume and reach through a wider distribution network.
Over 52,000 businesses across the FMCG industry have trusted Omnibiz to provide them with the services and necessary tools to overcome contemporary challenges in the marketplace.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Business Manager who will lead their Pharmaceutical operations. You will develop and implement business strategies that will ensure the growth of the company. You will sell products and actively drive projects to grow their knowledge brand.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Develop goals and objectives that tend to growth and prosperity
- Design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- Ensure that the company has adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.)
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Gather, analyze and interpret external and internal data and write reports
- Assess overall company performance against objectives
- Represent the company in events, conferences etc.
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
Your role as the Business Manager is a crucial one as you will be directly responsible for developing and executing strategies that will increase the sales and profit of the company. You will also ensure that the company achieves their revenue targets.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will identify and leverage opportunities to communicate Omnibiz’s value proposition to existing customers that lead to upsells and also appeal to prospective clients. You will keep an eye out for opportunities to generate revenue for the company through client relationships.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- You have at least 8 years of experience in building and selling products in a pharmaceutical company.
- The combined experience of Sales, Distribution, and Logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business-related field, a Master’s degree in Business Administration is an advantage
- Additional education may include specialized training, professional certifications, workshops and seminars relevant to the industry
- You have experience understanding consumer and B2B markets, MSME product and service expertise and developing business with a variety of actors.
- You have the ability to take ownership, drive business on the ground. Persistent in completing what needs to get done and driving relationships.
- You are able to build relationships and educate a market segment on the benefits of Omnibiz Africa products.
- Highly skilled in Product design and development, Market research, Sales and Marketing.
- Have key knowledge of account management and financial modelling.
- Possess excellent communication, people and relationship management skills.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.