Thrive Agric is on a mission to create a self-sufficient Africa that feeds itself and the world. They are a technology-driven agricultural company passionate about ensuring global food security. Their solution is to act as a conduit between African farmers and capital thereby giving farmers the needed resources to expand and increase production while guaranteeing food security and impressive returns for macro-investors. They also provide farmers with knowledge on data-driven best practices and access to local and global markets for their commodities.
About The Role
The team at Thrive Agric is looking to hire a versatile backend engineer that will develop simple digital solutions for their customer base who are mostly offline and first-time smartphone users. You will work closely with their product design and product management team to build the backend of Thrive Agric’s web, Android, kaiOS and iOS products.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Main focus on coding and debugging of the backend of their application.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Front-end developers.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Provide training, help and support to other team members.
- Build high-quality reusable codes.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes.
- Learn about new technologies.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
The benchmark of success on this role would be your ability to work with design and business teams to build reliable backend infrastructure for Thrive Agric’s products across platforms.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will have the task of integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application to ensure the seamless exchange of data between the server and the users.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- React Js
- Strong knowledge of user interface design
- React Tools: react js, redux, flux.
- Collaboration Tools: Trello, Jira, Notion, Twist
- Good Communication Skills (Don't ghost your line manager when it's time to deliver the job).
- Good Relationship Skills
- Can Work on complex projects
- Innovative/Open to Learning
- Care about design and customer experience
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Health Insurance
Your application has been successfully submitted.