Senior Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Chaka is a technology solutions company on a mission to enable every business and person in Africa to access borderless digital investment and wealth management opportunities. They provide first-class access to Equities and ETFs in 40+ countries from Apple, GT Bank, and 4,000+ more. Their team combines investment expertise and best-in-class technology to provide reliable digital Investing, trading and wealth management solutions that are easy-to-use and easy to integrate.
They're backed by some of the founders and early investors in Facebook, Spotify, Flutterwave, Andela, Paystack and more.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer who will help build their in-house and client-specific Apps. As a senior software developer, you will work with a small team and challenge yourself to solve complex projects that help them achieve results that traditionally required large teams. You should have strong backend experience developing complex APIs that can efficiently handle large amounts of requests and data.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Identify and plan new features in development in conjunction with the Product Manager.
- Develop APIs, SDKs and frameworks to support backend functionality and fast deployment.
- Suggest and implement new backend products, applications and protocols.
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate functionality
- Write unit tests to identify malfunctions
- Communicate with internal and external users to understand their needs and experiences
- Manage backend engineering workflow from planning, execution, QA and delegation to other backend engineers.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your team members into the application. You will also manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will also design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will work with upper management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects. You will also be required to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3yrs+ experience
- Programming language — strong Java programming background (preferably Java 8+)
- Frameworks — Spring Boot
- Microservices development — HTTP, REST API design and implementation
- Unit Testing, Integration testing and Automated testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Comfortable to operate in an agile, dynamic environment
- Proficient with MSSQL
- Understanding of CI/CD, TDD and version control (git)
- Understanding of containers, horizontal scaling of services, Extensive knowledge of React Native, Swift, Javaspring, Kotlin is a plus
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- A collaborative team of creative thinkers to brainstorm with
- A culture that embraces your eccentricities and allows you to breathe
- A technology platform that is revolutionizing the African investing industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Healthcare benefits and competitive leave days
Your application has been successfully submitted.