Chief Financial Officer
Volition Capital helps the honest & hardworking create wealth and enjoy fulfilling lives. They do so through private equity, venture funds and cooperatives.
About the role
They are looking to hire an experienced Chief Financial Officer who will perform effective risk management and plan their organization’s financial strategy. You must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from core accounting principles to broad investment planning and in-depth risk management. You will be supported by an accountant, portfolio manager, an admin manager and an external audit & tax firm.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As Chief Financial Officer, you will be the financial gatekeeper of the organization, ensuring that Volition Capitals remains financially viable as an organization. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Drive the company’s financial analysis, planning and projection process.
- Effectively track cash flow, build financial models and analyze the company’s financial strengths and weaknesses.
- Prepare frequent management accounts and financial reports for the company’s board.
- Perform detailed risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
- Advice on investment strategies by considering cash, liquidity and other risks.
- Manage the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- Manage the organization’s risk register.
- Supervise all in-house and outsourced finance personnel.
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports.
- Ensure compliance with the law and the company’s policies.
- Review the company’s investment options as well as all financial analyses by Portfolio Managers.
- Oversee the production of timely and accurate financial statements by the accountant and external auditors.
- When required, support the firm’s portfolio companies in the areas of financial structuring and risk management.
- Actively work with the senior management of portfolio companies on key strategic issues that require advanced financial expertise.
- Participate in acquisition and divestiture of investments by the company.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
The financial strength of Volition Capitals as an organization heavily relies on your ownership of this role. You are pivotal to ensuring that they keep up with best financial practices and have an efficient finance process that allows them to operate with the confidence that comes with having your house and books in order.
The Biggest problem-Solving Duties On the Job
You would have the awesome challenge of driving objectives that ensure the growth of Volition Capitals in both Short and Long terms. You will pilot the mission of protecting the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Proven experience in a CFO and/or Risk Management role.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and risk management practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Proficient in the use of financial management software.
- Ability to strategize and solve financial problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- An analytical mind that is comfortable with numbers.
- CFA is a strong advantage.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive salary in line with industry benchmarks.
- Health benefits on confirmation.
- Housing allowance a year after confirmation.
- Laptop and other relevant work tools/apps.
- Out-of-station costs will be covered.
- Staff-only investment opportunities.
- A high degree of autonomy & flexibility.
Your application has been successfully submitted.