Head of Donor Relations
Ingressive for Good (I4G) is an NGO that believes technology will be the main driver of long-term economic development in Sub-Saharan Africa. Their goal is to leverage micro-scholarships, technical talent training, and talent placement in a way that will shape the future of Africa through technology and improve the lives of millions across the region.
They believe technology will be the main driver of long-term economic development in Sub-Saharan Africa. Their goal is to identify and invest in businesses that will shape the future of Africa through technology and improve the lives of millions across the region.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Director of Donor Relations. Currently, they do not produce any IT products, but they are entrenched in various tech communities. This position is an integral part of the I4G's advancement efforts and offers the opportunity to apply creative and critical thinking skills in a wide range of communications and projects that connect the Ingressive For Good community with its current and prospective benefactors. The position reports to the I4G co-founders.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Learn, follow, and promote the ethical guidelines set forth in the Association of Donor Relations for Advancement (ADRP), the Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), the CASE Donor Bill of Rights, and the CASE Ethics Guidelines
- Stay abreast of privacy issues as they relate to Donor Relations.
- Manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, ongoing communications, and continued cultivation of past and current major donors to enhance their relationship with the I4G and increase the likelihood of continued contributions
- Develop and assess policies and procedures that are essential for a comprehensive donor relations program
- Oversee a systematic and integrated donor relations and stewardship program that encompasses donor recognition, updates, and fundraising
- Responsible for consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for donors
- Work collaboratively with I4G co-founders and staff to compose letters, compile appropriate lists, engage featured donors, and other relevant correspondence
- Consistently meet fundraising goals necessary for program operations
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the Director of Donor Relations, you will be responsible for implementing I4G’s comprehensive donor relations that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
The Biggest problem-Solving Duties On the Job
You must have the ability to oversee donor stewardship activities and events, and draft written materials to aid I4G’s efforts to educate, cultivate, and recognize donors; and of course, reach fundraising goals.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience is required; higher education experience is preferred. Candidates with fundraising, event management, and writing experience will be given strong preference. Education/experience equivalents considered.
- Familiarity with the Association of Donor Relations for Advancement (ADRP), the Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), the CASE Donor Bill of Rights, and the CASE Ethics Guidelines
- Well-developed customer-service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines at one time
- Understanding of philanthropy as it relates to NGOs
- Ability to use discretion in working with confidential and sensitive data
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills with demonstrated attention to detail and ability to relate to individuals at varying levels internally and externally
- History of success developing and managing relationships with major donors, prospects, or clients
- Computer software skills, including Microsoft Office and knowledge of integrated client database systems, is preferred
- Professional in appearance, demeanour, and decision-making
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
What do you stand to gain?
- Opportunity to join an ambitious startup and grow your own communications network
- Opportunity to work remotely
- The ability to learn and grow from technology innovators and disruptors
- Create a personal brand known for creating value within the tech community
Your application has been successfully submitted.