Ingressive for Good (I4G) is an NGO that believes technology will be the main driver of long-term economic development in Sub-Saharan Africa. Their goal is to leverage micro-scholarships, technical talent training, and talent placement in a way that will shape the future of Africa through technology and improve the lives of millions across the region.
They believe technology will be the main driver of long-term economic development in Sub-Saharan Africa. Their goal is to identify and invest in businesses that will shape the future of Africa through technology and improve the lives of millions across the region.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Program Manager who will organize and coordinate programs for NGO Ingressive For Good. You will provide strategic guidance to teams and project managers in ways that promote the company’s culture. You will also oversee the progress of operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing a staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics. The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Design, coordinate, and monitor programs that align with the organization's mission and vision
- Show effective leadership on programs related to technical talent training, scholarship deployment, and talent placement
- Create and adhere to program and project budgets with a focus on maximizing ROI
- Cross-project resource and activity management
- A strong capacity to create/negotiate, manage and adapt partnerships with key stakeholders and those able to contribute to I4G goals and handle any issues that may arise as a result
- Identify and manage program problems and risks
- Aligning or realigning deliverables with program outcomes
- Managing the Programs Department including the I4G Community (I4G Circles / I4G Alumni / I4G Network) and Talent Placement
- Extrapolate data that highlight execution and outcomes that contribute to data analysis, report generation, and fundraising activities
- Coordinate activities within multiple individual projects/programs
- Generate reports that provide insight into OKRs execution and contribute to data analysis, organizational report generation, and fundraising activities
- Lead departmental planning, scheduling, and execution around OKRs, events, activities and other execution
- Ensuring program milestones and goals are met and adhere to communicated budgets
- Manage subordinate staff goals and the day-to-day performance of their jobs by creating expected goals, timelines, and specified elements of departmental structure
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business in a way that is professional, respective of timelines, and provides unique insights that drive the department to goals
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets extrapolated from programs
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Develop timelines, budget, teams and plan for a given project
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the Program Manager, you will be responsible for outlining and planning all aspects of work related to a given project such as budget, timelines and teams.
The Biggest problem-Solving Duties On the Job
You must possess strong communication skills that will enable you to effectively communicate with all relevant teams. You should be able to foresee any problems related to the completion of a project and act in a timely manner to mitigate any issues.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Bachelor’s degree or a mixture of education and experience that would allow you to effectively carry out the duties of this position
- A minimum of four (3) years of professional experience is required; candidates with fundraising, event management, and writing experience will be given strong preference
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other relevant managerial positions
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills with demonstrated attention to detail and ability to relate to individuals at varying levels internally and externally
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Well-developed customer-service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines at one time
- Understanding of philanthropy as it relates to NGOs
- Ability to use discretion in working with confidential and sensitive data
- History of success developing and managing relationships with major donors, prospects, or clients
- Creativity in executing initiatives
- Professional in appearance, demeanour, and decision-making
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
What do you stand to gain?
- Opportunity to join an ambitious startup and grow your own communications network
- Opportunity to work remotely
- The ability to learn and grow from technology innovators and disruptors
- Create a personal brand known for creating value within the tech community
Your application has been successfully submitted.