Koa facilitates high volume savings while democratizing access to financial products for customers across Africa by encouraging smart financial behaviour and focusing on a passive savings approach that allows users to effortlessly grow their money. By focusing on technology, gamification and user experience, Koa aims to target millions of customers who were previously unable to access Financial Products.
About The Role
Koa is looking to hire a motivated and entrepreneurial finance lead to join their growing team. Your primary mandate will be building and leading internal accounting / financial operations. You will work closely with the Chief Operations Officer to create the internal/external processes that Koa will carry on for the upcoming years.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will assist the founding team in the reconciliation of accounts from Fund Managers and Financial Partners. Your proactivity, thoughtfulness and ability to think beyond the box will be tested in this role. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Manage daily accounting operations across the company.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, If necessary.
- Research technical accounting issues for financial and regulatory compliance.
- Support all external advisors and consultants in the preparation of audits, investor readiness packages and all other financial engagements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and best practices.
- Build strong relationships with financial partners to understand their processes and how best Koa could integrate its financial processes.
- Portfolio administration: Ensure proper recording of all portfolio transactions including client's contributions, withdrawals and any corporate action.
- Draft and distribute reports for the management team.
- Ensure effective and timely reporting for fund position and return to clients.
- Communicate and reconcile portfolio activity with custodian banks and administrators.
- Interact with clients, their advisers, custodians and administrators regarding portfolio operations.
- Timely release of accurate financial and portfolio data.
- Maintain controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures to be followed.
- Maintain financial security by coming up with and following internal controls.
- Preparation of payments by verifying documentation.
- Ensuring compliance with taxation and any other financial legal requirements.
- Preparation of special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Drive efficiency by spearheading automation processes and enhance internal systems for communication within the department.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Undertake cashbook reconciliations on a daily basis by providing bank reconciliations.
- All Additional controller duties as necessary.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
The financial strength of Koa as an organization heavily relies on your ownership of this role. You are pivotal to ensuring that Koa keeps up with best financial practices and have an efficient finance process that allows them to operate with the confidence that comes with having your house and books in order.
The Biggest problem-Solving Duties On the Job
You would have the awesome challenge of driving objectives that ensure the growth of Koa in both the Short and Long terms. You will pilot the mission of protecting the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting/audit and finance experience - Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience (or Understanding) of the Financial Services Industry - specifically Fund Operations and Asset Management.
- Advanced degree in Accounting / Finance - Required.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including local regulatory and tax laws.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills.
- Proactivity and resourcefulness.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Work with exceptionally smart and ambitious individuals.
- Learn something new every day - whether it's about your line of work or the industry in general.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to grow within the company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.