Head of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Koa facilitates high volume savings while democratizing access to financial products for customers across Africa by encouraging smart financial behaviour and focusing on a passive savings approach that allows users to effortlessly grow their money. By focusing on technology, gamification and user experience, Koa aims to target millions of customers who were previously unable to access Financial Products.
About The Role
The team at Koa is looking to hire a head of marketing that will take ownership of campaign creation, tracking and analyzing the performance of campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with their brand identity.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You should have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective acquisition projects. You will help them build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a range of online and offline marketing channels. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Own and optimize the full acquisition funnel.
- Liaise with the operations and product team to ensure acquisition targets are achieved.
- Develop strategy and tactics to boost Koa's reputation and drive qualified traffic.
- Run successful marketing campaigns from ideation to implementation.
- Experiment with a mix of organic and paid acquisition channels i.e. content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, webinar hosting, PR, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis.
- Oversee and approve marketing material, from copywriters with the aim of producing engaging and valuable content for our blog and channels that attracts and converts their target groups.
- Support in building strategic relationships and partnerships with key industry players and agencies.
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Measure and report on weekly performance, monthly insights on marketing campaigns and benchmark against goals.
- Analyze consumer behaviour and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
Your ability to strategize and coordinate marketing activities to drive tangible results will be tested in this role. You are crucial to how frequent and impressionable/relatable the Koa brand and messaging is to stakeholders, target audience and the general public.
Biggest Problem-Solving duties on The Job
You will review existing branding efforts and position and optimize to grow the Koa Brand. You will utilize your hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects.
What you need to have done in your Career
- At least 6 years experience in Marketing and Sales.
- Experience at a High-Growth Startup (Seed Stage and above.).
- Social media strategy
- Experience in developing marketing campaigns.
- Experience in copywriting.
- Experience in running online ads and web analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media analytics.
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills
- Proactivity and resourcefulness.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Work with exceptionally smart and ambitious individuals.
- Learn something new every day - whether it's about your line of work or the industry in general.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to grow within the company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.