Casava is a licensed insurtech startup building the future of insurance. They are using technology and finance to improve the quality of life for minimum wages earners, by providing world-class affordable and accessible insurance.
Casava is the first and only insurance company in Nigeria providing an undeniably essential service — Employment Insurance. A much-needed safety net for millions of workers who are at risk of losing their most essential asset — their income.
About The Role
They are looking to hire a Backend Engineer who is passionate about Software Engineering to manage the interchange of data between the server and the users. You would be working in their flagship API product team for their insurance as a service platform using cloud-native technologies and modern architectural patterns. You will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end part.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You should have strong backend experience developing complex APIs that can efficiently handle large amounts of requests and data. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Create code to interact with relational and non-relational databases
- Help with frontend tasks if needed
- Analyze client data to find trends and exploitable areas to make campaigns extremely efficient
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
How Important Are you to the bottom-line
Your primary focus will be to produce and integrate functional backend applications with the frontend elements and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be a key contributor to design, architecture, and technology-related decisions. The benchmark of success in this role would be your ability to work with design and business teams to build reliable backend infrastructure for Casava’s products across platforms. You are someone who is autonomous and capable of managing your schedule on your own.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Developing software using TypeScript
- Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines
- Familiarity with 12 factors principles for developing microservices
- Familiarity with DB’s such as SQL/NoSQL
- Experience with AWS
- TDD and Testing frameworks/libraries (Jest, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Cypress)
- Commercial experience with high-volume scalable architectures
What do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Insurance Made Simple