Head of User Experience
Omnibiz Africa is a unified FMCG trade platform that eliminates the inefficiencies of traditional trade by digitizing the key stakeholders. They bring together neighbourhood retailers, distributors, 3rd party logistics partners and FMCG manufacturers onto a single platform. Omnibiz ensures retailers get better ROI and distributors/manufacturers grow volume and reach through a wider distribution network.
Over 52,000 businesses across the FMCG industry have trusted Omnibiz to provide them with the services and necessary tools to overcome contemporary challenges in the marketplace.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Head of User Experience to turn their digital solutions into easy-to-use products. You will be pivotal to delivering an outstanding user experience providing exceptional and intuitive design for their digital solutions. You should have experience in designing easy-to-use UI for users who are adapting to technology.
What Do you need to do to be considered successful?
To be successful in this role, you should have great experience in designing products that help users to easily navigate, achieve their goals leading to superb funnel conversion rates. You will also be responsible for:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Build and maintain design systems
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You’ll create both functional and appealing features that address their clients’ needs and help them grow their customer base. You will design ideas using various methods and the latest technology. Ultimately, you will help Omnibiz deliver the best online user experience, ensuring customer satisfaction and retention.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
Omnibiz designs products for everyone in the FMCG segment, starting from manufacturers to distributors, to field agents, to retailers, to delivery agents. So you are expected to grasp an understanding of these different audiences and apply the best UI/UX practices and creativity to provide a smooth experience to all the people they serve.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 4+ years experience in defining the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design.
- Built functional prototypes to validate and test designs
- Have conducted user research and testing
- Built and maintained design systems
- Should have worked with Figma for at least a year
- Experience working in a startup that caters to the FMCG industry will be an added advantage as well
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
What do you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.