Chief Technology Officer
Our client, an ambitious startup in the Crypto space is looking to hire a Chief Technology Officer that will oversee and coordinate their technical team that is responsible for building, scaling, and maintaining the services that power the applications in their Ecosystem.
About The Role
They run on service-oriented architecture comprising a host of services written in different languages. Their engineering team consists of Mobile, Backend, Blockchain, DevOps, and Software Quality Assurance engineers who work together to build and maintain their platform.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
You'll also manage technical resources and ensure they're geared towards technological development. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals and overseeing product development.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage.
- Manage DevOps and Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Creating and maintaining various data reports needed by the business.
- Come up with highly creative and cost-effective ways to solve business problems.
- Engage in code reviews and give actionable feedback.
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Lead engineering team meetings and foster a positive working environment.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will help with managing the technical aspects of an organization to ensure that they align with the company's growth targets. You will be working with a team of engineers and designers to build highly impactful products in the fast-growing blockchain technology space. Their tech stack consists of services written in a mix of various languages, including Java, Kotlin, Node.js, Golang, and Dart (Flutter).
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will have to bring your leadership mettle and inspire engineers across different teams to consistently deliver excellent work that aligns with business and user needs. You will have the exciting opportunity of making strategic decisions that affect the growth of the product and development team in the long and short terms.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role managing a cross-functional team of engineers.
- Advanced technical and software engineering skills and knowledge.
- In-Depth knowledge of technological trends to build strategy.
- Understanding of budgets and business planning.
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have great technical and non-technical communication skills.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You have experience building applications on various AWS and Google cloud services.
- Prior experience working with one or more Blockchain technologies and protocols is a plus.
- You have experience working with some of the programming languages in our stack - Java (Spring Boot), Golang, Node.js, and Dart (Flutter).
What do you stand to gain?
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology in the continent.
- International work environment and flat organization.
- Competitive salary and equity options.
- Health insurance with Gym and Spa Access.
- Access to training courses for Blockchain and other relevant professional development areas.
- Pan-African travel to other countries for product and market research.
- Get reimbursed for books you buy and complete reading.
- Remote-Friendly with flexible working hours.
Your application has been successfully submitted.