MarketForce is a fast-growing Kenyan-based company, building the operating system for retail distribution in Africa. Powered by technology and driven by heart, they are on a mission to drive Africa forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone along the retail supply chain.
They have built a B2B e-commerce wholesale marketplace, RejaReja that enables corner shops to source, order, and pay for inventory at any time via interactive SMS and mobile app, and get it delivered directly to their store by the nearest distributor, within hours.
About The Role
They are looking to hire an Operations Manager who will manage the operations and administrative functions of the organization. You will be responsible for the effective and efficient running of the business. If you have excellent people skills, business acumen, and exemplary work ethics, they’d like to meet you.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for overseeing daily operations for the company ensuring that people, processes, and training are aligned to render the quality output of goods and services that reflect high standards of operational excellence. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Effectively recruit, train and manage a high-performing operations team, while conducting regular performance evaluation.
- Diligently and effectively manage operations in Nigeria through continuous improvement of internal systems and processes that promote the company goals, culture and vision.
- Develop team KPIs, reporting system, and on-ground performance tracking system.
- Design and rigorously execute a scalable expansion plan.
- Meticulously design route coverage and solutions to ensure last-mile delivery.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly KPI report that highlights areas of improvement along with suggested or implemented solutions.
- Design a comprehensive and ongoing team training session that will aid in coaching and motivating an operations team across the countries we operate in.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: sales, marketing, HR, and engineering to ensure operational excellence, customer and partner success.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for designing a scalable and replicable process that can be replicated to expand into new areas and countries. You will define and oversee the day-to-day operational strategy for the team, measure what counts, and oversee new initiatives.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will act as the lynchpin to ensure multiple components of the business are heading in the same direction. You will provide leadership for their operations and implement strategies, processes, procedures and policies, with emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profits, and return on investments.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- A strong strategic and innovative problem solver, who is a people person, self-motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to pivot when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics is a plus.
- Proven experience in operations, logistics/fleet planning management, development of business strategy and execution, business performance monitoring, building and managing partnerships.
- Someone with the willingness to adjust to changing work environments openly offers ideas and solutions on where improvements can be made. Works efficiently in situations of uncertainty.
- An articulate team-oriented leader who is clear and concise while communicating. Listens understands, and responds openly to the ideas of others.
- An understanding of the startup environment and strong interest in our business
What do you stand to gain?
- Encouraging and supportive founding and leadership team.
- Participation in employee stock ownership plan.
- Medical cover.
- Support to live a life of wellbeing and happiness
- Competitive salary and some allowances.
- 5 vacation days plus an off-day on your birthday.
Your application has been successfully submitted.