Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Financial Controller who will be responsible for the primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the organization.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
Your primary mandate will be building and leading internal accounting / financial operations. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Manage daily accounting operations across the company.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, If necessary.
- Research technical accounting issues for financial and regulatory compliance.
- Support all external advisors and consultants in the preparation of audits, investor readiness packages and all other financial engagements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and best practices.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full-range business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Executive Management.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will have direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance, and private institutional financing.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You would have the awesome challenge of driving objectives that ensure the growth of Shara in both the Short and Long terms. You will pilot the mission of protecting the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Minimum of 8 years experience with at least 5 as Head of finance or similar positions
- BSc or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, ACCA/ICAN professional certifications is a must.
- Extensive experience in managing complex projects
- Experience working in a matrix, extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented multi-country environment; prioritization, and ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience in Financial Reporting, Corporate Planning/ Business Performance, and Strong/Working knowledge of Accounting Standards/IFRS Experience with Accounting Systems/ERP (particularly Sage or SAP)
- Solid understanding of budgeting planning
- Good people management skills.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.