This job is no longer accepting applications.
Think of the financial challenges you have as a youth in Africa, from using utility bills to open accounts, to difficulty in paying bills or receiving money, Fingo.Africa understands these concerns and have taken on the challenge of being the financial partner for the African Gen-Z. Fingo Africa is Africa’s only youth-focused digital bank with product(s) that enable youths to save, send money, pay bills and receive payments from anywhere with a payment link. If you are as excited about enabling youths financially as they are, they would love you to be a part of their team.
About The Role.
Fingo is looking for a highly productive and versatile front-end engineer. You should be able to work on their current stack, React Native, Next.js, Retool and Webflow amongst others. You will also need an understanding of user-centric design, perform user interviews, and work remotely.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
You will ensure the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages. You will also be responsible for :
- Building of new features on the Fingo ecosystem (Mobile and Web applications)
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability and customer feedback
- Provide mobile application & website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write mobile and web apps (React Native,Next Js ,Retool, Webflow) .
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Write and maintain unit tests (Jest ,React Native Testing Library)
- Write and maintain usability tests (Detox)
- Collaborate with team members to solve solutions and blockers
- Participate in Sprint creation
- Participate in feedback collection eg. user interviews
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be a critical part of the user experience as you are both pivotal to translating wireframes into appealing and interactive interfaces. You will have an impeccable understanding of user biases and inclinations and bring it to the fore in creating interfaces on both mobile and web applications.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
Championing this role would require you to be quite user-obsessed. Given the dynamic audience, Fingo Africa is serving, you will be required to merge your social understanding of Gen-Z with your technical knowledge to create memorable interfaces.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- You have a degree/diploma in Design, Fine Arts, Engineering, or a related field
- You have prior experience as a UI/UX Designer as well as a strong portfolio of related projects
- You are proficient in a Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, InDesign, For Photoshop)
- You are proficient in prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, etc.
- You pay strong attention to detail and have a keen eye for aesthetics
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Be part of an early-stage financial revolution.
- Build something that impacts the future
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Youth Focused Banking