Think of the financial challenges you have as a youth in Africa, from using utility bills to open accounts, to difficulty in paying bills or receiving money, Fingo.Africa understands these concerns and have taken on the challenge of being the financial partner for the African Gen-Z. Fingo Africa is Africa’s only youth-focused digital bank with product(s) that enable youths save, send money, pay bills and receive payments from anywhere with a payment link. If you are as excited about enabling youths financially as they are, they would love you to be a part of their team.
About The Role
Fingo Africa is looking to hire a QA/Fullstack Engineer that will help develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also be responsible for:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Write features and services using our technology stack.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will play an important part in our company’s product development process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, tracking, documenting, and reporting on bugs in production while being cost-effective.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be responsible for service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and helping define all of this as immutable infrastructure-as-code. Their technology stack is built in TypeScript, NodeJS, React, React Native, and Golang. Their databases run on AWS Aurora. They containerize and deploy with Kubernetes on AWS. And use GitHub and GitHub actions in their CI/CD process.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes (SonarQube / SonarCloud, Sentry, Segment)
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases (Knowledge with Jest, typescript, Golang, nodejs, react)
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Be part of an early-stage financial revolution.
- Build something that impacts the future
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Youth Focused Banking