Think of the financial challenges you have as a youth in Africa, from using utility bills to open accounts, to difficulty in paying bills or receiving money, Fingo.Africa understands these concerns and have taken on the challenge of being the financial partner for the African Gen-Z. Fingo Africa is Africa’s only youth-focused digital bank with product(s) that enable youths to save, send money, pay bills and receive payments from anywhere with a payment link. If you are as excited about enabling youths financially as they are, they would love you to be a part of their team.
About The Role
As a DevOps / Security / FullStack Engineer at Fingo, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that help customers control and manage their entire financial lives from a single application. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Help define, document, evolve and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- Configure automated testing and automated QA in the CI/CD process
- Configure IAM roles and users for services.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Experience scaling microservices in Kubernetes infrastructure
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g. scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Expertise in GoLang and/or Typescript
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/EKS)
- Expertise with AWS (e.g. IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda)
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g. Githbub Actions)
- Operational (e.g. HA/Backups) NoSQL experience (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Bachelor or master’s degree in CS, or equivalent practical experience
- Effective communication skills
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Be part of an early-stage financial revolution.
- Build something that impacts the future
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Youth Focused Banking