This job is no longer accepting applications.
Think of a seamless way to manage every aspect of your business as an entrepreneur and You get Prospa. Prospa is bridging the gap between underserved microbusinesses and access to banking services. They’ve been tagged a Neobank for small businesses and have built an ecosystem that supports business owners beyond banking, their platform also has inventory management, employee and vendor management, an e-commerce store, and payroll features.
About The Role
Prospa is looking to hire an experienced Financial Controller to join our growing finance team. Your role will include corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
Your primary mandate will be building and leading internal accounting / financial operations. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Manage accounting operations.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls..
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will have direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance, and private institutional financing.
The biggest problem solving duties on the Job
You’d be a major contributor to the financial health of Prospa, producing financial reports and
developing strategies based on financial research, whilst guiding senior executives in making
sound business decisions in the short, medium and long term.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical cover.
- Wellness perks.
- Paid time off (leave days).
- Work tools.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Business Banking For Entrepreneurs