Finance Operation's Lead
BuyPower is simplifying consumer payments in Nigeria starting with utilities and enabling energy access across Africa. BuyPower's mobile app and digital payment platform enables you to pay for your electricity bills online, from the comfort of your homes and offices. The platform has simplified the process that comes with paying for utilities and has integrated tools and features to help you manage as well as conserve these utilities.
They are a team of smart and energetic people, building the next generation of energy services in Nigeria. They are cash flow positive with hundreds of thousands of paying customers. Working with BuyPower is an opportunity to make an impact in a young team and do work that really matters. They are backed by YCombinator and other Investors.
About The Role
They are looking to hire a Finance Operation’s Lead who will be responsible for the following
- Risk Management: Document, communicate and mitigate risk.
- Team Management: Supervise and coordinate the finance team.
- Tax Compliance: Ensure Tax Compliance in every aspect of the business.
- Statutory Audit: Managing, Supervising and coordinating Statutory Audit.
- Financial Reporting: Support the Management in Investors’ reporting.
- Working Capital Management: Supervise, coordinate movement and secure working capital.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
As the Finance Operation’s Lead, you will be responsible for the following Accounting Function of the organization:
- Supervise Receivable reconciliations & ensure amounts receivable from different customers on daily basis are well posted in the accounting system
- Supervise weekly Reporting on the Receivable variances and ensuring that all variances are addressed to a conclusion in a timely manner. Supervising posting of the variances in the accounting system accordingly
- Supervise weekly and monthly reporting on Receivables from different Customers and interpreting the reports for management
- Supervise Current Assets reconciliation
- Supervise posting of Current Assets utilization in the Accounting system on a daily basis
- Supervise weekly reporting on the Current Assets variances and ensuring that all variances are addressed to a conclusion in a timely manner. Supervising posting the variances in the accounting system accordingly
- Supervise weekly and monthly reporting on Current Assets for the different Service Providers and interpreting the reports for management
- Supervise bank transaction postings and reconciliations in the accounting system
- Posting of other transactions in the accounting system
- Any other responsibility as may be delegated by the management from time to time
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will have the overall responsibility of overseeing and managing the essential systems for financial monitoring and reporting. You will ensure smooth operations of projects, satisfactory provision of effective financial management services, and strong oversight for internal control systems
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You must possess a sound problem-solving ability and the capacity to exercise good judgment in making financial decisions and maintaining confidentiality.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Degree in accounting from a recognized institution
- At least 8 years work experience in accounting position three of which should be in a management position
- Experience working with Fintech or Insurance or Investment company is highly desired
- Knowledge in risk assessment and internal controls
- Abreast with IFRS, Accounting Principles and GAAP
- Knowledge of QuickBooks online and any other accounting software
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Advanced excel skills
- Team Management skills
- Experience in External Reporting including Statutory Reporting
- International experience is good to have
- Experience working in a team
- Professional Accountancy qualification
- Attention to details
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Highly competitive salary
- Work with the smartest and coolest people while building innovative products and solving problems
- Flexi-work and paid annual leave days
- Premium health insurance
- Free lunch, data allowance, performance bonus and many other benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pay Electricity Bills Online