Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of their transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
About the role
They are looking to hire an experienced iOS Developer who will help design, build, and maintain their iOS application. The goal is to ensure the high quality of their operations and services aiming to the long-term success of their business. You will work hand-in-hand with their Tech Leads (backend and Mobile) and Product Managers. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Your primary focus will be developing high-end iOS applications for the latest Apple mobile devices. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Design and build advanced applications for the IOS platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Improve the stability of the app by ensuring that unit tests are robust, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Manage and resolve bugs issues faced by users
- Implement various business requirements and improve app features to deliver customer satisfaction.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As an iOS developer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
SafeBoda works with the latest technology, following agile methodologies and with Kotlin, Swift, Vue.JS and Elixir as our tech stack, while keeping an eye on the user experience and the value provided to their customers. Therefore, as an iOS developer, you should be able to create functional, attractive applications that perfectly meet the needs of their user.
Desired Technical Skills
- Strong experience in iOS and working with Swift
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Working knowledge of mobile architectures like MVVM and Clean Architecture
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Demonstrated experience producing structured, readable and testable code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Ability in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Jira and Agile methodologies (like Scrum and Kanban)
- Familiarity with SOLID principles and Clean Code.
Desired Personal Skills
- Critical thought, analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond; they would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others' code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect and a big sense of humour; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Remote working
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to their mission and work at their dynamic and fast-paced team
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport & lunch if you are based in Kampala or Ibadan!
Your application has been successfully submitted.