Fullstack Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Intron Health is a San Francisco-based Startup that helps Public hospitals across the developing world transition from paper to electronic information systems through a creative combination of speech transcription, ridiculously simple and intuitive software, smart and efficient hardware, and effective onsite support. Through their massive and audacious data digitization initiative, they want to be Africa’s largest repository of health data, advising and partnering with governments, and international agencies.
They will bring thoughtful automation, artificial intelligence, and long-overdue infrastructure to their Hospitals, reducing the stress, inefficiency, and anxiety that plague their hospitals. Although their first pilot hospitals are in the picturesque city of Ibadan, they will scale quickly across and outside Nigeria into other countries in sub-Saharan Africa and beyond.
About the role
They are seeking to hire a Full Stack Software Engineer who will manage the entire software development lifecycle - to analyse the needs, and then design, test and develop software in order to meet those needs. You will help drive the direction of their growing architecture. They are creating an application that will have a lasting impact on humanity.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As a Full Stack Engineer, you need to stay up to date with development tools and industry trends. You will overlap between functions and as such you should be ready to learn and have a get things done attitude. You will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Contribute to the product-development process, develop beautiful, intuitive UIs and powerful, scalable backend APIs.
- Write well-tested, maintainable code
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Ensure the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle, from conception to deployment. You will have the unique responsibility of effectively creating website foundations using back-end applications and database structures.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
Your day-to-day is constantly changing. This is because full-stack developers are essentially a jack of all trades, as you will consistently jump between front-end and back-end coding.
What do you need to have done in your career?
You will have exposure/experience with most of the following:
- 3+ yrs with Python
- 1+ yrs with Python’s web application Frameworks (Flask or Django)
- 2+ yrs building with any of the relational databases (Postgresql or MySql)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2/Elastic Beanstalk/ECS/ Lambda)
- Github, Code Reviews, and version control
- Algorithms and data structures
- ORM technologies (like SQLAlchemy)
- Database migration (with tools like Alembic or Flyway)
- Writing tests: unit tests, integration tests, smoke tests
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field is a plus but not required
- Experience with React or other frontend framework is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience deploying machine learning models is a plus but not required
They are looking for people who are:
- Personable and Fun: You are great to work and talk with
- Customer-focused: You are passionate about creating web applications that improve the lives of millions of users and enjoy building delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers, user experience researchers, and customer groups to build product features and high-quality products.
- Nimble: Balancing short-term execution with longer-term concerns, can pivot when necessary
- Flexibility and Creativity: You can take wireframes or partially formed mockups from a product team and implement microservices, data models and UI components that can scale
- Ownership: You have demonstrated feature development ownership, and can take initiative and responsibility for building shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end.
What do you stand to Gain?
- Competitive compensation based on experience, qualifications, and cultural fit
- You’ll get stock options and benefits like health insurance, wellness allowance
- The role will offer flexible work hours, occasional catered lunches, flexible work from home days, and flexible paid time off/vacation
- The role will start as remote until the covid situation subsides
Your application has been successfully submitted.