Software Engineer (Mobile)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Our client is looking for an experienced Flutter Developer who will join their talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Your duties will include managing Flutter (Android, iOS) application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. You should have good experience in building high-performing, scalable applications and be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly.
They also expect you to be passionate about building software and perform well working in a team, along with developers, and designers.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Create well designed, testable, efficient code
- Participate in all phases of the development life-cycle
- Assist in the preparation and production of releases of software components
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Investigate alternatives and technologies and present them for architectural review, in order to support continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs, and improve application performance
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will work closely with their team of talented engineers to design and build apps, and also monitor customers’ feedback. Subsequently, you will be required to create app updates.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3+ years of experience working with mobile development (Android or iOS)
- 1-year experience in Flutter Development
- Deployed at least 3 apps
- Have experience with Flutter for both iOS and Android.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Good understanding of responsive UI across multiple screen sizes
- Experience with version control such as Git and SVN.
- Good understanding of Cloud Utils like Firebase
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchain is a plus
- Experience with workflow tools (JIRA, Slack, Notion, etc)
- Experience with BLOC design pattern is a plus
- Great understanding of software engineering principles like SOLID, DRY, KIS, etc
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Team worker.
- Very comfortable learning new technologies, tools, and platforms.
- Highly motivated, initiative, and passionate.
- Have shipped applications to the App Store or Google Play Store
- In-depth knowledge of Dart and Flutter framework
What do you stand to gain?
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology in the continent.
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Health insurance with Gym and Spa Access
- Access to training courses for Blockchain and other relevant professional development areas
- Pan-African travel to other countries for product and market research
- Get reimbursed for books you buy and complete reading.
- Remote-Friendly with flexible working hours
Your application has been successfully submitted.