This job is no longer accepting applications.
BuyPower is simplifying consumer payments in Nigeria starting with utilities and enabling energy access across Africa. BuyPower's mobile app and digital payment platform enables you to pay for your electricity bills online, from the comfort of your homes and offices. The platform has simplified the process that comes with paying for utilities and has integrated tools and features to help you manage as well as conserve these utilities.
They are a team of smart and energetic people, building the next generation of energy services in Nigeria. They are cash flow positive with hundreds of thousands of paying customers. Working with BuyPower is an opportunity to make an impact in a young team and do work that really matters. They are backed by YCombinator and other Investors.
About The Role
They are looking to hire a Growth Manager to join their team. As a Growth Manager at BuyPower, you will be responsible for building growth product experiences and plans in order to grow the business. You'll be in charge of the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth product initiatives and digital acquisition and growth for the company.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be able to will define the company’s growth plan, you need to make sure the right data infrastructure is in place. You be responsible for the following:
- Lead team to create and implement strategic marketing initiatives (short-term & long-term) across various marketing functions including performance marketing, events, social media marketing, product marketing and partnerships
- Define and execute growth marketing strategy, rigorously monitor results, and scale successful marketing programs
- Own all lead generation efforts (SEO, SEA, Display Advertising, etc), email marketing and website conversion optimization efforts
- Works cross-functionally with the customer support, engineering, business development and finance teams on customer behaviour analytics, implementing possible improvements on their products, executing marketing plans to ensure designated business goals are met and planning the team’s quarterly marketing budget respectively.
- Select photography, artwork, designs, and other visual elements for layout
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to produce quality content and meet team’s deadlines
- Present creative concepts and finished projects to Head of Growth and/or Social media and community manager for reviews
How important are you to the bottom line?
As the Growth Manager, your job has three core components: first, to define the company’s growth plan, second, to coordinate and execute growth programs, and third, to optimize the revenue funnel.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
If data is the fuel of growth, then analytics is its engine. As the Growth Manager, you must master statistical reasoning, understand how to design effective experiments, and develop a quantitative intuition for interpreting user experience data.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Prior experience in a similar role with a solid track record of success.
- Strong experience in Growth Hacking, Social Media Marketing, managing demand generation & the customer acquisition funnel and performance marketing.
- Self-starter with the ability to execute under deadlines.
- Experience in a startup culture is a plus
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- A passion for innovation and building a great product
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Highly competitive salary
- Work with the smartest and coolest people while building innovative products and solving problems
- Flexi-work and paid annual leave days
- Premium health insurance
- Free lunch, data allowance, performance bonus and many other benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pay Electricity Bills Online