Social Media & Entertainment Lead - Pulse Sports
The Sports Entertainment & Social Media Lead will be the key person responsible for building and implementing an exciting and unique strategy across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as leading a team of content creators focused on sports related entertainment content (off-pitch gossip & news, challenges, quizzes, videos)
The Social Media Lead should be enthusiastic about sports and able to create epic and original content, both by themselves and supported by a small team.
Ideally this person should come from a growth/startup or entertainment background and have an ability to build and maintain processes for a small team of people, as well as having experience of growing social media accounts with 100,000+ followers.
About Pulse Sports
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, reaching over 100 million users every month. Pulse also provides advertising reach and creative marketing solutions to many of Africa’s biggest brands.
Pulse Sports is the latest brand to be launched by Pulse Media, with the aim of becoming the number 1 sports media brand in Africa. Initially Pulse Sports will focus on Nigeria, before expanding to other markets across Africa.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Help define overall strategy and weekly plans for key social media channels: Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook
- Design, build, implement, and maintain processes for posting and growing the social media channels
- Regularly hit ambitious posting and engagement targets across channels
- Post original and exciting multi-media content, assisted by a small but talented team of 2-3 social media managers and 5+ full/part time contributors (videographers, presenters, graphic designers, writers)
- Understand and analyse trends to work out what is working and what isn’t
- Drive rapid growth in the following and engagement of accounts, using both innovative and traditional methods
What we are looking for
- Experience managing fast-growing social media accounts of 25,000+ followers (either company or personal)
- Good knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok, including an appreciation of the different strategies for each platform
- Professional, process-oriented mindset
- Experience managing with high volume of posts (multiple posts a day on 3+ channels)
- Epic and unique ideas for content including video, graphic design, editorials, memes and so forth
- Understanding of the Nigerian digital consumer market, including user trends and behaviours
- Passion for sports and experience in a sports related industry (eg. Football, Sports Betting) is major advantage
- Experience managing a team of content creators is a huge plus
- Graphic design and/or video/photography skills are a plus
- Experience managing paid social media advertising and google analytics is also a plus
Benefits of the role
- Competitive remuneration, including potential performance bonuses
- Health insurance & other benefits
- Massive career development opportunities within an international organisation
- Guidance and collaboration with some of the best editors, content creators, and media professionals in the country
- The opportunity to work on extremely fun projects that reach and excite millions of people across Africa
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building Africa's No.1 Sports Media Company