Thrive Agric is on a mission to create a self-sufficient Africa that feeds itself and the world. They are a technology-driven agricultural company passionate about ensuring global food security. Their solution is to act as a conduit between African farmers and capital thereby giving farmers the needed resources to expand and increase production while guaranteeing food security and impressive returns for macro-investors. They also provide farmers with knowledge on data-driven best practices and access to local and global market for their commodities.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Frontend Engineer who will build the client-side of their web applications and turn their digital solutions into easy-to-use products for clients. You will be pivotal to delivering an outstanding user experience providing exceptional and intuitive design for their digital solutions. You should be able to translate their company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will ensure the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimize web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintain brand consistency across all web pages. You will also be responsible for:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements and liaise with product design and product management team
- Be involved in user research
- Build stable and scalable products (Web, Android, Kaios and Ios)
- Built frontend of Thrive Agric’s web, android, kaios and iOS products
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve the usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will be a critical part of the user experience as you are both pivotal to translating wireframes into appealing and interactive interfaces. You will have an impeccable understanding of user biases and inclinations and bring it to the fore in creating interfaces on both mobile and web applications.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will be actively involved in the development of Thrive Agric products for its mostly offline and first-time smartphone users customer base.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3-5 years experience as a frontend engineer
- A relevant Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Possess strong analytical, communication and relational skills
- Ability to work on complex projects
- Innovative/Open to Learning
- Passionate about design and customer experience
- React Js
- User interface design
- React Tools: reactjs, redux, flux
- Collaboration Tools: Trello, Jira, Notion, Slack, Twist
What do you stand to gain?
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
Your application has been successfully submitted.