This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cassbana is a technology solution that builds financial identities for the underserved communities in Egypt through micro-lending and building a behaviour-based scoring system. Making them the future data-driven financial advisory collective.
They help millions of people to elevate their standards of living and literally foster the economic growth of the developing nations through providing accessible financial instruments.
Through their vast networks, they creatively collect data that helps them create a financial identity for the underserved and unbanked.
About the role
Cassbana is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to lead their development process and drive their tech strategy and architecture. You will get hands-on and produce excellent code. You will coordinate multiple teams to ensure Cassbana meets user expectations.
You should be passionate and ready to dedicate your time to solving complex problems in the financial world. Their team consists of world-class engineers with many years of experience who spend their life solving the most complex problems around the world. They are keen to welcome you on board, learn from you and share the best from our experience.
If you are excited to help millions of people to elevate their standards of living and literally foster the economic growth of the developing nations through providing accessible financial instruments, they’d like to meet you! Your impact will be felt!
What do you need to be considered successful?
As an Engineering Manager you will be a part of a value-stream aligned group developing a Financial System responsible for managing Cassbana internal ledger and also be responsible for the following:
- Solving the interesting and complex financial problems
- Leading the team of software engineers
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in ever-changing environment
- Grow and mentor your team
- Own delivery, processes and practices
- Write high quality, performant and reliable code.
- Design and build highly scalable and robust systems.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
Establish, communicate and implement the strategic direction of Cassbana’s engineering and develop policies and initiatives to ensure effective and consistent operations. You will also work closely with Product and the larger management team
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will have to bring your leadership mettle and inspire engineers across different teams to consistently deliver excellent work that aligns with business and user needs. You will have the exciting opportunity of making strategic decisions that affect the growth of the product and development team in the long and short terms.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3+ years of professional experience in Engineering management, ability to work with cross-functional teams including mobile, backend and WebFrontend.
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality solutions against aggressive roadmaps.
- Experience building high load, scalable and robust systems.
- Ability to go above your functional responsibilities and help to solve problems across departments and business verticals.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
- Experience in rapid prototyping and other fast iteration methods for product development.
- Experience in building complex Engineering solutions.
- Knowledge of professional Engineering management practices & processes including Project Management, Leadership, Coaching, System Design and Architecture.
- Strong focus on delivering results, ability to think out of the box and beyond your area of responsibility.
- Understanding of Cloud Native environment, its details and ability to work in that
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive Remuneration
- Work with a brilliant multinational team.
- Work on exciting projects that provides financial access to Africans
Your application has been successfully submitted.