Sango Technology is an EV startup based in Lagos building smart electric motorcycles for last mile delivery. We are on a mission to replace every internal combustion engine with an electric engine by 2060 in Africa. We believe we can lead the Africa tech revolution using sustainable technology.
The Automotive engineer is responsible for designing, testing, and improving our smart electric motorcycle. He/She will collaborate with Mechanical design engineer and software engineer to deliver safe, roadworthy motorcycles. Additionally, the Automotive engineer will identify opportunities to improve system design and motorcycle performance.
The Automotive engineer will be expected to have sound vehicle modelling fundamentals and be comfortable troubleshooting modelling based issues. The candidate must be independent, proactive, and very hands-on, spending significant time where needed. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills, and attention to detail. He/She is self-motivated, receptive to feedback, and appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Work as modelling expert on a cross-functional team with a diverse skillset in MATLAB and other modelling software
- Lead the development of motorcycles from ideation to delivery
- Create and test various system models using MATLAB
- Developing and implementing test procedures
- Interpreting and analysing data and results
- Organizing and carrying out performance and diagnostics testing
- Prepare reports and documentation
- Be motivated to learn about new products, learn new skills, ambitious to learn about the products and process, willing to step outside of the role to help the team
- Lead continuous improvement of products and development of new product lines
- Be flexible and collaborative, willing to work in fast paced product and technology factory, and curious about technology
- 3 - 5 yrs Experience using MATLAB and other modeling software
- Experience with product and project management is an advantage
- 3 - 5 years hands on experience in vehicle development
- Strong understanding of IoT systems
- Able to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast-paced environment, and in a role with broad scope
- Self-starting and proactive, able to work with little to no direction
- Able to communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skill across cultures and geographic regions
- Proven ability to research information, solve challenging problems, and coordinate projects under tight timing constraints
Your application has been successfully submitted.