POS Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Crowdforce enables businesses to penetrate markets by leveraging their extensive agent network to reach the underserved populations In Emerging markets. Crowdforce has understood the power of agent networks and is using them to provide penetrative market research and financial inclusion services to the billions of consumers in Africa and other emerging markets.
Through their offline market-oriented products, Crowdforce guarantees access to the right network to help scale digital financial services, access to an agent network that helps you collate reliable data and surveys on the ground and mostly access to an offline network of local merchants with the tools to drive adoption of digital services to the next billion consumers.
About the role
They are looking to hire a POS Software Engineer to support the development of their POS software. You will manage the development cycle from analysis, specifications, testing, troubleshooting to deployment. As far as POS administration is concerned, you will install software updates and perform other POS functions.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Create reusable, effective, and scalable POS application code
- Translate technical requirements into code
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Perform intensive testing of all new and existing programs to ensure they function as intended
- Ensure POS applications meet quality standards
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Will be required to meet or exceed production standards
- Make informed decisions quickly and take ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
How Important Are you to the bottom-line
You design and write code programs and scripts to administer the POS systems, install software updates and perform other POS functions. You will analyze users’ requirements and develop functional specifications for a better result.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will need to perform functional testing, interpretation, and analysis of the results of tests. In case of any issue during the system function, you provide technical support for the POS help desk.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3+ years of experience
- Must have strong skills and experience in C/C++, Java programming language, Socket programming, Android, ISO 8583, EMV
- A better understanding of POS terminals like H9/ Topwise/ Morefun and so on
- Knowledge and experience in these stacks: C#, Asp.Net Framework or Asp.NetCore although not required. But, it will be an added advantage
- Must have experience working in a Fintech, Banking, or Payment services related sector
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Work hours
- The opportunity to work with great minds.
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping businesses, Governments and Nonprofits scale to the next billion underserved population.