Junior Frontend Engineer
Our client is looking to hire a Junior Frontend Engineer who will work on the frontend of their application (PWA and Native). You will work closely with senior engineers on the team.
You will be assigned tasks by the Front-end Engineering Lead or a Senior Engineer in your team.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Work on engineering initiatives that drive a larger feature set, while being careful to not create technical debt in the process
- Preemptively scan issue backlogs. Actions include but are not limited to: familiarizing themselves with pain points in the system, applying relevant labels and triaging, closing them via pull request or other means
- Considerate of others on the team and tries to support other people in their work
- Work to become proficient in giving great reviews of your peers' work. This includes being respectful, thorough, thoughtful, flexible, and not pedantic
- Listens to the priorities and concerns of others, and acknowledges differing perspectives. Anticipates others’ reactions.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will work with other senior engineers to design and implement a scalable, stable, and maintainable frontend architecture that can help our client’s product to grow rapidly.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You should be comfortable with an early-stage startup and eager to scale a young business. You should also have high-level communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders. You should display high attention to detail and the ability to produce documentation to a high standard.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- BSC in computer science or relevant level of experience
- Experience with code versioning - Git
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with user interface design
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance
- Excellent troubleshooting/debugging skill
- Motivated by their company’s mission
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.