Junior Backend Engineer
Our client is looking to hire a Junior Backend Engineer who will help create programs and participate in test runs. You will be expected to have knowledge of common programming languages. You will also be part of a paired programming group to complete tasks with Intermediate and senior Java developers.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Success in this role will be demonstrated by delivering critical code to help ensure applications are up-to-date and fully functional. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Work on minor bug issues
- Conduct development tests
- Supporting Integration and System Test
- Resolve any issues that arise during Integration and System Test
- Communicate with help desks, business and Test/Development teams
- Support in writing and executing unit tests for developed software applications
- Perform peer to peer code reviews
- Support in the process of maintaining and implementing source control & version management
- Support in the creation of technical documentation for all software applications
- Support in the creation and managing of Application Programming Interface (API)
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will be a part of team projects’ priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will also design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Minimum educational level – First Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in software or web development
- Proven knowledge of basic coding languages such as Java, Nodejs
- Detail-oriented and goal-oriented
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Good time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated by their company’s mission
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.