Midlevel Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our client is looking to hire a Midlevel Backend Engineer who is passionate about Software Engineering to manage the interchange of data between the server and the users. You should be able to translate their company and front-end needs into functional and appealing back-end solutions.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As an Intermediate Backend Developer, you will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end part. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Delivery of quality, stable and testable codes while ensuring zero downtime of existing applications.
- Develop software architecture and lifecycle that will meet business needs/requirements.
- Involvement in the product life cycle - from the planning, scoping, prioritization and launching of product features to achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Work effectively in an agile-based environment.
- Timely conclusion of assigned deliverables.
- Work with other senior software developers and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software application.
- Write and execute unit tests for developed software applications.
- Perform peer to peer code reviews.
- Maintain and implement source control & version management.
- Create technical documentation for all software applications.
- Support in the deployment of developed applications to the development environment for QA and Testing.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure quality and timely software development within his/her responsibilities.
- Mentors Junior software engineers by advising and coaching
- Create and manage Application Programming Interface (API)
- Liaise with DevOps, Systems analysts, Solution architects and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
How important are you to the bottom line?
Your primary focus will be to produce and integrate functional backend applications with the frontend elements and ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will be a key contributor to design, architecture, and technology-related decisions. The benchmark of success in this role would be your ability to work with design and business teams to build reliable backend infrastructure for our client’s products across platforms.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Minimum educational level – First Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related fields. (A Higher degree/MBA/Professional Certifications would be of added advantage.)
- 3+ years building rich, complex APIs using Java technologies.
- Strong experience with JAVA,SpringBoot, Postgres, MongoDB
- Systems Analysis & Design; Software Development
- Object Orientated Design; Software Development techniques
- Agile highly desirable
- Reviewing and debugging stack trace errors
- Experience augmenting large software systems
- A passion for clean, reusable, and structured code
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Good time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak up and share ideas
- Motivated by their company’s mission
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.