Our client is looking to hire a Financial Controller who will oversee the company’s accounting-related and financial management activities, anticipate and control financial risks by ensuring the availability of accurate financial information and resources in line with the Company’s business goals and objectives.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
Your primary mandate will be building and leading internal accounting / financial operations. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the Company’s compliance with relevant statutory law and financial regulations.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of timely, monthly consolidated financial statements and reports.
- Ensure the accuracy, reliability, completeness, and integrity of the Company’s financial statements in line with local and international statutory requirements (Local GAAP, IFRS, IAS, etc.).
- Produce and analyze periodic results and KPIs (Financial & Operational) in accordance with the Company’s accounting policies.
- Perform analytical reviews of the financial statements.
- Coordinate the Company's annual statutory audit and periodic review activities with independent auditors, including the consolidation of related entity financial information.
- Maintain the integrity of controls over financial reporting processes and fraud prevention systems in line with the COSO framework.
- Conduct internal audits of the organization’s financial and accounting records.
- Manage month-end and year-end closing processes, including reconciliations and analyses of related accounts.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will have direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private institutional financing.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be a major contributor to the financial health of the organisation, producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research, whilst guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the short, medium and long term.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field of study.
- A chartered accountant with at least 7 years of experience with considerable exposure to e-commerce operations, and financial/regulatory reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of local GAAP rules, international accounting standards (IFRS, IAS) and regulations is required.
- Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Motivated by their company’s mission
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.