Head of Legal
Fincra is a payment infrastructure for fintechs, platforms and businesses. Fincra provides payments solutions that enable businesses to accept payments securely, make payouts globally and scale your business across borders.
Their vision is to create a world, where the movement of money is instant and as easy as sending a text message. To make it easier for businesses in emerging or frontier markets to transact digitally, at low cost and high speed, seamlessly.
About The Role
As Head of Legal at Fincra, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You also have solid experience in handling regulatory issues, negotiating with regulators, litigation and drafting agreements, with a genuine interest in technology. You're an outstanding lawyer who thinks creatively and strategically enjoys taking the initiative to address complex issues, and at the same time is eager to pitch in where needed to assist our rapidly growing businesses.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You'll advise the business on its activities, including key legal risks and strategies while working closely with team members to roll out new products, negotiate key agreements and manage regulatory challenges and litigation as needed. You will also:
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to the company, in particular to Management, Board of Directors, Product teams.
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors. Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically identifying proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate such risks.
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas.
- Respond promptly and reliably to internal and external requests for advice, specifically with regards to litigation, regulatory inquiries, contracts, commercial regulations, IP, data protection, advertising and consumer protection as needed.
- Assist with litigation and regulatory investigations as needed.
- Represent Fincra adeptly with regulators and other outside influencers.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You are primarily a fixer. You will keep an eye out for potential bottlenecks and find ways to resolve them to ensure fincra is able to seamless deliver on the promise of enabling businesses through payments.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job
Your role is critical in determining how good a relationship Fincra has with regulators and external stakeholders. You will initiate internal policies that strengthen the legal position of Fincra.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Bachelor's Degree in Law, Postgraduate Qualification is an added advantage.
- Membership of a relevant Bar Association, as an added advantage, with a minimum of 10 years cognate post-call experience.
- Deep work experience in Finance sector.
- Experience with a high volume caseload and the ability to distil and prioritize complex and urgent legal issues.
- Experience in handling technology-related advisory, deal transaction structuring and commercial matters, and a deep understanding of the Fintech industry.
- Curiosity about new legal issues and a willingness to work on a broad variety of matters.
- Experience in managing and growing teams and complex processes in international setups.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to influence senior audiences.
What do you stand to gain?
- A chance to be an early member of a high-growth startup.
- They pay competitively in the Nigerian market for the matched experience and role.
- Amazing work culture and a company that truly cares about creating the best and most fun place to work.
- Health insurance that includes dental, optical & covers major surgeries.
- Interest-free staff loans upon confirmation.
- Vehicle financing for confirmed employees at 50% of asset value.
- Employee Stock Options.
- Annual Training budget.
Your application has been successfully submitted.