Head of Financial Services POD
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Our client is looking to hire a Head of Financial Services who will responsible for the growth of the financial services pod using strategies and skills to roll out profitable products and services for the company’s consumers. This includes managing and working closely with the relevant teams to create/develop products that increase profitability and value for their increasing consumer base.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Ensure that merchants have credible access to affordable Loans and Saving options.
- Work with Financial Partners to expand and add value to the network of Agency Banking merchants across Nigeria, and ultimately Africa as a whole.
- Work closely with the Product team to develop and roll out financial products & services for the company’s customer base.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Commercial) to establish efficient strategies to increase the number of merchants that consume our services.
- Work with Agent network to ensure that more agents push these products to merchants.
- Manage Default on loans and create strategies and policies to reduce occurrences.
- Initiate Loan Recovery processes in the case of loan default.
- Build relationships with Financial Entities/Partners to provide profitable services to the company and the consumer.
- Carry out Credit assessments on potential customers.
- Seeks out and forges relationships with credit score service suppliers, banks, aggregators and potential allies that may assist develop and enrich the lending providers proposition of Sabi
- Develops propositions for lending providers inclusive of nano and micro-credit score processing options provided by Sabi.
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization.
- Ensure that sound credit risk measurement and monitoring frameworks are developed and implemented throughout the group in a standardized manner.
- Manage the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework as well as Credit Policy Guidelines
- Improve and optimize credit approval, recovery, and collection processes as well as operational efficiencies.
- Coach, supervise, and mentor analysts, collections, recovery, and underwriting officers for effective, efficient, and optimal performances.
- Enhance and review the company’s Credit Policies and Standards to reflect the best practice and regulate the risk assets of the group as directed by the Board.
- Develop, manage, and optimize the Credit Reporting and Monitoring framework that meets all necessary requirements of both external and internal stakeholders and ensures timely and accurate delivery of all reports.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will create and drive initiatives and options that reach and develop the monetary and strategic aims of the company’s financial services platform.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Credit, Agency Banking, Savings and Loan services
- A good understanding of Credit, Mobile banking & Agency Banking regulations in Nigeria
- Experience and good understanding on the controls around FinTech
- Experience in Electronic Banking and FSP services
- Experience working with Agent networks and Mobile money operators
- Strong and precise communication and presentation skills
- Motivated by the mission of their organisation
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.