Head of Physical POD
About the role
The Head of Physical Pod will have P&L responsibility and contribute to the Company’s growth by finding the channels and strategies to drive growth and increase revenue. This requires building and scaling measurable results through multiple channels and using systematic ways to test experiments that can generate innovative ideas to increase sales.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Manage and control the Pod team, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, work allocation, and P&L responsibility for all sales activities.
- Create, develop, and exploit commercial opportunities to increase the company’s income through existing and potential new merchants with whom you will target, initiate, and develop business relationships.
- Build and drive strategic initiatives on merchant acquisition and revenue drive through a strong Agent distribution network
- Develop strategies in agent network capacity building to realize commercial opportunities and minimize risks to the business.
- Produce and deliver a sales action plan which supports the company’s strategic objectives, achieving sales targets, merchant’s acquisition, and retention, and using initiative to take corrective measures as needed.
- Provides ad-hoc and ongoing decision support to the management by engaging in data analysis, risk/return analysis, research and market assessment activities for varying business scenarios.
- Identify new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secure new deals, contracts and long-term relationships. Obtain support from management to finalize recommendations and negotiations strategy.
- Drive sales performance through implementation of sales and marketing initiatives, achieve targets
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key and potential merchants, interact with business partners and provide expert knowledge and support to ensure operational excellence and standard application of operating standards.
- Work with cross-functional team (Product, Commercial, and Operations) to establish growth strategies to support revenue goals
- Work closely with the product management team to identify market opportunities and define market-leading products
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our merchants, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. Demonstrate deep understanding of competitors, channels, and routes to market
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Analyze data to monitor revenue performance and uncover areas for improvement
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will lead and oversee strategies that will increase the company’s income.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in B2B /B2C, SME Sales, E-Commerce / Offline retail FMCG, Manufacturing Distribution or Multi-level marketing sales
- Strong and precise communication and presentation skills.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Advanced knowledge of G Suite products, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of P&L
- Demonstrable track record of high performance in a sales environment
- Experience running Agent networks is essential.
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of their Organisation
- Have a hunter mentality, ready to aggressively drive sales with both existing and new clients
- Results-orientated and pragmatic with exceptional quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand market and business intelligence to make informed choices about business development
- A focus on execution. Willing and being able to get your hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with stakeholders based remotely.
- Able to travel on short notice
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.