Venture Research Analyst
About the role
Our client is looking to hire a Venture Research Analyst whose main goal will be to analyze market research, financial, company data, and communicate the insights to the Partners.
Your work will involve:
- Helping conduct due diligence on prospective new investments.
- Performing company, sector and market research (a report of all players in a particular space or market - both established companies and new entrants).
- Preparing written materials, including investment memoranda
- Providing insights with which investments and portfolio companies may be evaluated
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Facilitate the deal sourcing process by identifying and/or screening investment opportunities and their alignment with our investment thesis
- Document all due diligence efforts with concise notes
- Perform due diligence activities such as market sizing, industry and sector analysis, competitive positioning, technical feasibility, and other areas critical to investment evaluation
- Author investment memos that summarize diligence findings, strengths, and risks
- Maintain a record of the market valuation and investment data, on portfolio companies, to aid the team in properly assessing existing investments
- Perform portfolio management and monitoring efforts as well as ad-hoc value-add initiatives around strategy, operations, financing, and more
- Gather updates from portfolio companies and summarize them for the General Partners.
- Support authoring a variety of written materials including quarterly investor reports, audit support documentation, and ad-hoc investment reports
- Enhance the their brand through social media, PR support, and other branding efforts
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will perform market research, and interpret company and financial data to help the investment team make investment decisions. In addition, you will help in the preparation of investment memos and other written materials, due diligence, and other tasks that arise in the course of business.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be required to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and perform other assigned duties. This job entails occasional travel and a full-time commitment.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Finance, Accelerator, Startup Support sectors preferred
- Previous experience participating in the due diligence process.
- Previous experience authoring investment memos
- Portfolio management and investment experience
- Quantitative and analytical skills, and very comfortable with Excel.
- Self-guided and with high levels of initiative
- Sense of urgency, ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent organizational skills
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to summarize and synthesize information succinctly.
- Highly curious, continuous learner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- “Can do” entrepreneurial attitude and a propensity to figure out a way to get things done, no matter the obstacles.
This job is for you if you:
- Love working with startups
- Have excellent people skills
- Have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Are exceptionally organized, with outstanding time management skills
- Are proficient in business and report writing
- Are a motivated and effective problem solver
- Are brilliant and adaptable with an ability to multitask, prioritize daily workload and anticipate needs
- Have the ability to be discrete and act in confidentiality
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.