Venture Building Analyst
About the role
Our client is looking to hire a Venture Building Analyst whose main goal will be to leverage your knowledge and business expertise to support the selection, diligence and growth of their companies.
Your work will involve:
- Support in conducting due diligence on prospective investments.
- Day to day support of the Studio – their in-house venture building program. You would support the process of identifying new opportunities and working with the selected team to take the product to market.
- Manage the end-to-end execution of SPVs. This is the vehicle through which their LPs can participate in the follow-on rounds of our portfolio companies. You’ll be responsible for the execution of these SPVs.
- Managing internal resources and network outreach – You work closely with studio companies to understand and support needs through their GPs and network.
- Research – Performing company, sector, and market research (a report of all players in a particular space or market - both established companies and new entrants).
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Working to help build and add value to their client’s Studio companies.
- Identifying new business ideas, building teams, helping them manage their ventures and scale
- Manage the end-to-end process of setting up and executing SPVs.
- Test different ideas alongside startups from ideation, feasibility studies, prototyping, MVPs, down to product-market fit.
- Launch different, in-house, tech companies while at the same time managing ongoing relationships, data collection, and support of portfolio companies.
- Assisting in the management of operational aspects of new ventures in the firm.
- Helping conduct due diligence and drafting memos on investments opportunities they share with their LPs.
- Document all due diligence efforts with concise notes.
- Author investment memos that summarize diligence findings, strengths, and risks.
- Maintain a record of the market valuation and investment data, on portfolio companies, to aid the team in properly assessing existing investments.
- Support authoring a variety of written materials including quarterly investor reports, audit support documentation, and ad-hoc investment reports.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be required to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and perform other assigned duties. This job entails occasional travel and a full-time commitment.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in new ventures, strategy consulting, venture capital, accelerator, startup support, product innovation or relevant experience is required.
- Experience in a fast-paced, international environment, working with cross-functional and cross-border teams.
- Financial shrewdness and strong analytical skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheet expert) and an understanding of key startup metrics.
- Ability to work independently and aggressively track project timelines.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team player and a great collaborator with strong problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience participating in the due diligence process and authoring investment memos
- Sense of urgency, ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent organizational skills
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to summarize and synthesize information succinctly.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- “Can do” entrepreneurial attitude and a propensity to figure out a way to get things done, no matter the obstacles.
This job is for you if you:
- Are passionate about startups, and consider yourself a mentor with a track record guiding startups to success
- You believe in the power of entrepreneurship to create jobs, cultivate collaboration, overcome obstacles, and bridge societal gaps
- Intense curiosity across a variety of subjects
- Highly self-directed
- Have excellent people skills
- Have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Are proficient in business and report writing
- Are a motivated and effective problem solver
- Are brilliant and adaptable with an ability to multitask, prioritize daily workload and anticipate needs
- Have the ability to be discrete and act in confidentiality
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.