Investment Portfolio Manager
Our client is looking to hire an Investment Portfolio Manager to create and manage their investment portfolio. Duties include consulting and advising clients to develop investment objectives aimed to increase investment performance, creating reports on investment activity and performance, communicating effectively with clients regarding investment accounts, market conditions and economic trends.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
To be successful in this role, you should possess a strong understanding of financial investment strategies and risk management techniques. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Review investment strategies and seek out new opportunities.
- Construct successful investment portfolios informed by market conditions and economic trends.
- Buy and sell securities in client accounts to maintain a specific investment strategy, or to reach an investment objective.
- Recommend changes in investment to manage risk and generate an acceptable rate of returns.
- Study and monitor investment performances and trends that may impact the portfolio.
- Regularly update new and existing clients on market conditions, updated investment research, and economic trends.
- Periodically evaluate the performance of predetermined investment packages, as well as meet standards provided by regulatory organizations.
- Prospect for new clients.
- Stay up to date with relevant investment and trading news, and economic trends.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You are responsible for managing investment portfolios to ensure maximum returns.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You need to fully understand a client’s investment needs in order to determine the client’s appropriate level of risk based on their time horizon, risk preferences, return expectations, and market conditions. As the job requires communication with clients and customers, exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- A bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related field with a master's degree is preferred.
- Professional certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or similar qualification, such as a CPA.
- Proven experience as a professional portfolio manager
- Strong understanding of investment strategies and risk management
- Detailed understanding of capital markets.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in various financial management software, such as FactSet, Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg Terminal, and BlackRock Aladdin.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.