Venture Operations Associate
About the role
Our client is looking to hire a Venture Operations Associate whose main goal will be to support the creation of the operational engine that makes their company tick. Your work will be the bedrock for the smooth operations of their general partners and enable their company to operate as a world-class organization.
Your work will involve:
- Setting up processes that help automate the firm’s internal processes and improve efficiency
- Design and maintenance of data systems that ensure the generation of insights for constant improvement of our processes.
- Streamlining and executing new investment deals in the funnel
- Supporting the growth of their portfolio companies
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Assist in the preparation of the Year-End and Quarterly Letters to Limited Partners
- Assist with basic operations, preparation of capital calls and tracking distributions
- Assist in data collection from portfolio companies to ensure an objective view of their portfolio is available at all times
- Assist in preparing ad hoc materials for internal and external partners
- Assist in generating quarterly reports for the firm’s General Partners
- Manage the firm’s employee expense reporting process
- Supporting the deal syndication process
- Creation and documentation of deals
- Assisting in the investment closing and execution process
- Respond to data and investor requests related to funding reporting.
- Assist with the development of marketing and fund performance materials including data room setup and maintenance
- Ad hoc assignments related to financial operations, firm operations, and financial reporting
- Remaining up-to-date with the latest venture capital trends and design technology available
How Important are you to the bottom line?
In this role, you will ensure the smooth running of the operational activities in their company. You make sure that all parts of the whole are in sync.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be required to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and perform other assigned duties. This job entails occasional travel and a full-time commitment.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Finance, Accelerator, Startup Support sectors preferred
- Strong operations and organizational skills
- Strong Excel and Financial Modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- An innate interest in Venture Capital, Startups, or Private companies.
- Experience with operational tools such as Carta, Airtable, Google Suite, Zapier and Notion will be a plus
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
This job is for you if you:
- Have excellent people skills
- Have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Are exceptionally organized, with outstanding time management skills
- Are proficient in business and report writing
- Are a motivated and effective problem solver
- Are brilliant and adaptable with an ability to multitask, prioritize daily workload and anticipate needs
- Have the ability to be discrete and act in confidentiality
- Be comfortable in working in a fast-paced, flexible, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment where priorities are regularly changing.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.