Bundle Africa is a social payments app for cash and cryptocurrency. They make it easy and fun to make payments with cash as well as cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ether, BUSD and BNB. Bundle is safe, fast, fun and free. They are making access to cryptocurrency easier by allowing you to send and receive crypto from friends and associates.
About the Role
They are is looking to hire Mid-level Backend Engineers to help build their latest product offerings from scratch, as well as help them improve the performance of their existing services. They are looking to expand operations beyond Nigeria and Ghana to several countries in and out of Africa in the coming months.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Design and build backend services that are highly maintainable and scalable to meet the growing demand for our services
- Come up with highly creative and cost-effective ways to solve business problems.
- Great sense of ownership and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Partake in code reviews and give actionable feedback.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Deliver APIs that make it easy for developers (internal and external) to interact with our platform.
- Participate in troubleshooting complex issues and resolving defects in services.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be working with a small team of mobile developers, blockchain engineers and designers to build highly impactful products in the fast-growing blockchain technology space.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job?
Bundle's backend engineering team is responsible for building, scaling and maintaining the services that power the applications in the Bundle Ecosystem. They run on service-oriented architecture comprising a host of services written in different languages.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service-oriented architecture.
- You have 3-4 years of professional experience with at least one of Java (Spring framework) or Node.js
- You have experience working with large scale Relational Database Systems (MySQL, Postgres, etc) and NoSQL systems (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc)
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrate proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design.
- You have experience working with Git for version control and a good grasp of various git-flows.
- You have a very good understanding of caching techniques for optimising production workload.
- You write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have great technical and non-technical communication skills.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You have experience building applications on various AWS services. We are a cloud-first company.
- Ability to deploy and manage applications on Kubernetes cluster
- Ability to build and manage your own deployment pipeline
- Ability to design and document API using Open API specifications
- Prior experience working on a remote team
What do you stand to gain?
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology in the continent.
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Health insurance with Gym and Spa Access
- Access to training courses for Blockchain and other relevant professional development areas
- Pan-African travel to other countries for product and market research
- Get reimbursed for books you buy and complete reading.
- Remote-Friendly with flexible working hours
Your application has been successfully submitted.
social payments app for cash and cryptocurrency