Chief Financial Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WareNext is Nigeria’s first digital marketplace providing freight forwarding, warehousing storage and fulfillment, and last-mile delivery. Their Platform for Nigerian logistics is a unique operating model that combines advanced tech and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and hands-on supply chain expertise.
About the role
Warenext is looking to hire a Chief Financial officer to oversee their finance dept. You will be responsible for managing Warenext’s finances in line with her short and long-term objectives while creating policies that ensure Warenext is able to pursue its aspirations without the encumbrance of finance. You will be responsible for financial record keeping and driving the company’s financial objectives.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
As Chief Financial officer, you’d be the financial gatekeeper of the organization, ensuring that Warenext remains financially viable as an organization, control the purse strings of the company while effectively managing financial risks ,and Warenext’s relationships with her bankers. You will play a key role in closing the financial rounds of the company and also be responsible for the following:
- Ensure key financing rounds are closed quickly and smoothly
- Develop financial models for the company as it grows and expands across Africa taking into account its unique business drivers
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches ,and/or new service offerings.
- Draft relevant financial operating practices and ensure these policies are implemented
- Responsible for internal and external audit
- Ensure tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met
- Ensures financial and operational compliance within all business units and look for effective methods to optimize company revenues
- Set operational policies for actuarial valuation of the business
- Look for opportunities to minimize tax liabilities of the organization.
- Management of all banking operations, inclusive of practices and policies.
- Manages corporate financing, liquidity risk, and cash flow for policyholders and shareholders through the finance team.
- Analyses business, financial and general operating information to identify trends and opportunities for development and produce management information to ensure that business developments remain financially viable.
- Analyses and monitors the effect of budget or policy changes on business unit productivity.
- Assists in deciding on the financial and business viability of new and existing projects and programmes.
- Responsible for creating annual and quarterly budget targets of the company, and ensuring compliance with budget allocations and policies.
- Drafting and ensuring all reporting obligations of the company are met within given timelines.
- Coordinate all regulatory obligations of the company to ensure prompt compliance
- Perform other duties assigned to it by the CEO.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
The financial strength of Warenext as an organization heavily relies on your ownership of this role. You are pivotal to ensuring that Warenext keeps up with best financial practices and have an efficient finance process that allows them to operate with the confidence that comes with having your house and books in order.
The Biggest problem-Solving Duties On the Job
You would have the awesome challenge of driving objectives that ensure the growth of Warenext in both Short and Long terms. You will have the exciting opportunity of enacting policies that secure and protect their financial interests over time.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Have an M.Sc in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration Professional Finance Certification.
- Be a chartered financial analyst with ACA or ACCA qualifications.
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- 4-7 years experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and busy environment with competing demands on time and resources.
- Financial planning and strategy
- Managing profitability
- Strategic planning and vision
- Quality management and forecasting
- Promotion of process improvement
- Budget development.
- Have a deep desire to work in the startup industry and be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- A tech-savvy and knowledgeable of current trends.
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Contribute to the future of logistics in Nigeria.
- Competitive Salary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nigeria’s # 1 Logistics Platform