This job is no longer accepting applications.
MAGIC Fund is a $30M early-stage fund built by founders backing other founders. MAGIC was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Their thesis at MAGIC is that smaller funds run by diverse founders perform best at early-stage investing (pre-seed/seed). They’re a fund of micro-funds run by repeat founders who possess strong expertise in speciﬁc industries and geographies, with a keen focus on Fintech, Healthcare, Saas and emerging markets.
They are a group of ﬁfteen partners who invest across 5 key markets: US & Canada, South-East Asia, India, Africa, Europe and Latin America. They work with founders who are committed to building the leading companies across different sectors and geographies.
About the Role
They are looking to hire an Operations Associate who will be responsible for leading their Operations & Data team at MAGIC. This team is responsible for designing and optimizing the operational engine that makes MAGIC tick. Your work will be the bedrock for the smooth operations of their general partners and enabling MAGIC to operate a world-class organization. You will be reporting to the Operating Partner.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Manage their operations and admin functions at MAGIC working alongside the back-ofﬁce leadership and a team of analysts
- Design and improve operational processes for managing the tracking of deals, closing deals, gathering data from portfolio companies and managing the general fund operations
- Oversee continuous data collation from portfolio companies and design systems that translate data into actionable insights for their general partners
- Oversee the investment closing process and execute the end-to-end process speedily
- Oversee the development of dashboards across the organization that makes data accessible whenever required
- Support the management of service providers that support the fund’s operations: Fund Admin, Accountants, Legal Counsel, Tax Advisors, Agencies and more
- Oversee the creation of periodic fund operations reports
- Coordinate with the deals & research team to achieve overall fund objectives
- Remaining up-to-date with the latest venture capital trends and design technology available
How important are you to the bottom line?
Your work will involve:
- Leading the operations and data team at MAGIC
- Setting up processes that help automate ﬁrm’s internal processes and improve efﬁciency
- Design and maintenance of data systems that ensure the generation of insights for constant improvement of our processes
- Streamlining and executing new investment deals in the funnel
- Supporting the growth of MAGIC’s portfolio companies
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Experience in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Finance, Accelerator, Startup Support sectors preferred
- Strong operations and organizational experience
- Experience with designing operations systems and fascination with workﬂow design
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- An innate interest in Venture Capital, Startups, or Private companies
- Experience with workﬂow management tools such as Carta, Airtable, Google Suite, Zapier and Notion will be a plus
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
You’ll be a great ﬁt for this role if you
- Have excellent people skills
- Have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Are exceptionally organized, with outstanding time management skills
- Are brilliant and adaptable with an ability to multitask, prioritize daily workload and anticipate needs
- Have the ability to be discrete and act in conﬁdentiality
- Be comfortable in working in a fast-paced, ﬂexible, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
MAGIC Fund is an equal opportunity employer and they value diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They’re a fully remote company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.