This job is no longer accepting applications.
MAGIC Fund is a $30M early-stage fund built by founders backing other founders. MAGIC was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Their thesis at MAGIC is that smaller funds run by diverse founders perform best at early-stage investing (pre-seed/seed). They’re a fund of micro-funds run by repeat founders who possess strong expertise in speciﬁc industries and geographies, with a keen focus on Fintech, Healthcare, Saas and emerging markets.
They are a group of ﬁfteen partners who invest across 5 key markets: US & Canada, South-East Asia, India, Africa, Europe and Latin America. They work with founders who are committed to building the leading companies across different sectors and geographies.
About the Role
They are looking to hire a Venture Analyst whose main responsibility will be to support their deals & research team with sourcing deals, speaking with founders, conducting due diligence, creating investment memos and supporting founders post-investment. This role reports directly to the Operating Partner.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Perform due diligence activities such as market sizing, industry and sector analysis, competitive positioning, technical feasibility, and other areas critical to investment evaluation
- Create investment memos that summarize diligence ﬁndings, strengths, and risks alongside general partners
- Perform portfolio management and monitoring efforts as well as ad-hoc value-add initiatives around strategy, operations, ﬁnancing, and more
- Gather updates from portfolio companies and summarize them for the General Partners
- Support authoring a variety of written materials including quarterly investor reports, audit support documentation, and ad-hoc investment reports
- Enhance the MAGIC Fund brand through social media, PR support, and other branding efforts
How important are you to the bottom line?
Your work will involve:
- Helping conduct due diligence on prospective new investments
- Performing company, sector and market research (a report of all players in a particular space or market - both established companies and new entrants)
- Preparing written materials including investment memos and investment memoranda
- Providing insights with which investments and portfolio companies may be evaluated
What do you need to have done In your career?
- A background (either educational or work experience) in Venture Capital, Finance, Accounting, or Technology preferred
- Interest in Venture Capital investments and start-up analysis
- Quantitative and analytical skills, and very comfortable with Excel
- Self-guided and with high levels of initiative
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to summarize and synthesize information succinctly
- Highly curious, continuous learner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- “Can do” entrepreneurial attitude and a propensity to ﬁgure out a way to get things done, no matter the obstacles.
You’ll be a great ﬁt for this role if you:
- Love working with startups
- Have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Are proﬁcient in business and report writing
- Are a motivated and effective problem solver
- Are brilliant and adaptable with an ability to multitask, prioritize daily workload and anticipate needs
- Have the ability to be discrete and act in conﬁdentiality
MAGIC Fund is an equal opportunity employer and they value diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They’re a fully remote company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.