This job is no longer accepting applications.
MAGIC Fund is a $30M early-stage fund built by founders backing other founders. MAGIC was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Their thesis at MAGIC is that smaller funds run by diverse founders perform best at early-stage investing (pre-seed/seed). They’re a fund of micro-funds run by repeat founders who possess strong expertise in speciﬁc industries and geographies, with a keen focus on Fintech, Healthcare, Saas and emerging markets.
They are a group of ﬁfteen partners who invest across 5 key markets: US & Canada, South-East Asia, India, Africa, Europe and Latin America. They work with founders who are committed to building the leading companies across different sectors and geographies.
About the Role
They are looking to hire an Operations Analyst whose main goal will be to support the backofﬁce team with market research, ﬁnancial, and company data, and communicate the insights to the General Partners.
Note that you will be required to maintain the highest level of conﬁdentiality and perform other assigned duties. This job entails occasional travel and a full-time commitment.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Assist with basic operations, preparation of capital calls and tracking distributions
- Assist in data collection from portfolio companies to ensure an objective view of our portfolio is available at all times
- Assist in preparing ad hoc materials for internal and external partners
- Assist in generating quarterly reports for the ﬁrm’s General Partners
- Manage the ﬁrm’s employee expense reporting process
- Supporting the deal syndication process
- Gather updates from portfolio companies and summarize them for the General Partners
- Support authoring a variety of written materials including quarterly investor reports, audit support documentation, and ad-hoc investment reports
- Enhance the MAGIC Fund brand through social media, PR support, and other branding efforts
How important are you to the bottom line?
Your work will involve:
- Support the setting up processes that help automate ﬁrm’s internal processes and improve efﬁciency
- Design and maintenance of data systems that ensure the generation of insights for constant improvement of our processes
- Streamlining and executing new investment deals in the funnel
- Supporting the growth of MAGIC’s portfolio companies
- Performing company, sector and market research (a report of all players in a particular space or market - both established companies and new entrants)
- Preparing written materials, including investment memoranda
What do you need to have done In your career?
- A background (either educational or work experience) in Venture Capital, Finance, Accounting, or Technology preferred
- Interest in Venture Capital investments and start-up analysis
- Quantitative and analytical skills, and very comfortable with Excel
- Self-guided and with high levels of initiative
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to summarize and synthesize information succinctly
- Highly curious, continuous learner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- “Can do” entrepreneurial attitude and a propensity to ﬁgure out a way to get things done, no matter the obstacles.
This job is for you if you:
- Love working with startups
- Have excellent people skills
- Have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Are proﬁcient in business and report writing
- Are a motivated and effective problem solver
- Are brilliant and adaptable with an ability to multitask, prioritize daily workload and anticipate needs
- Have the ability to be discrete and act in conﬁdentiality
Your application has been successfully submitted.