Head of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Helium Health is on a mission to accelerate Africa's transition to a technology and data-driven healthcare sector. They are advancing universal health coverage by providing a suite of full-service solutions for all healthcare stakeholders in emerging markets
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
- Work across Helium Health's engineering teams to build scalable products that support our vision, from code architecture to end-user quality
- Partner with product and design leaders to define both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and prioritize day-to-day operations
- Work autonomously on critical, strategic problems on the roadmap and drive execution of effective solutions
- Engage in code reviews to ensure team members are contributing code that meets the short and long-term goals
- Recruit, teach, mentor, coach; be a role model to other engineers and engineering managers. Develop and support engineers in their personal growth and career progression, creating a collaborative, inclusive and supportive team culture
- Contribute to developing organizational programs that help shape our engineering culture and evolve our ways of working
How important are you to the Bottom Line?
This role will interface with product teams and operations teams at Helium Health and will play a huge role in developing and executing the roadmap for Helium Health's product expansion.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
Enable the engineering team to achieve high levels of productivity and performance
What you need to have done in your Career
- You have a strong software engineering background with a minimum of 7 - 10 years of software development experience
- Strong Experience as a backend engineer or full-stack engineer.
- Demonstrated experience working with any of this - Elixir, NodeJS, React, AngularJS, Vue, AWS, Android, IOS
- Experience working in an environment with heavy reliance on automated testing, CI and feature flags for periodic product release
- Demonstrated experience and results in a similar team leadership role
- Strong technical background with experience building, shipping and maintaining web and mobile applications and services
- You can contribute to technology strategy and decisions and understand technical trade-offs and risks, and help prioritize work against product and business needs
- You have a strong track record leading teams, building and fostering collaborative cultures that deliver complex, high-quality products
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment requiring a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- You have excellent communication, coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills.
- You have experience recruiting and promoting emerging talent
What do you stand to gain?
- Attractive Compensation
- The opportunity to work with a global leader
- A vibrant culture, great work ambience, super-intelligent workforce and a relaxed dress code
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The #1 Healthcare Provider In Africa