Technical Product Manager
About the Technical Product Manager Role
- We are looking for a Product Manager with experience building large-scale platforms. The ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys taking apart a problem and experimenting with the best solution for users. You should be someone who pays attention to detail and enjoys learning about new systems, processes and technologies. You should be someone whose primary desire is getting products launched FAST.
- As a Product Manager at Moni, you’ll be responsible for guiding a team that builds APIs, platforms, and interfaces for our agents. You’ll get to work closely with our Growth and Engineering teams to conceptualize, build and maintain delightfully successful products that solve our users' pain points.
- Our team is small but highly motivated and accomplished. A small team means a greater opportunity for your voice to be heard and a chance for you to have a say in shaping the product.
- This is a full-time remote role based in Lagos, Nigeria
What You'll Be Doing, You'll:
- Work closely with the COO, Growth and Engineering teams in implementing our product vision
- Develop requirements and prototypes based on product strategy and vision
- Engage closely with our customers to understand their pain points with using our products and creating solutions around them.
- Define, monitor and analyze metrics to guide product improvements
- Create and own the roadmap; prioritise initiatives according to aggregate needs, with defensible reasoning that aligns stakeholders and energizes the design and engineering teams
- Monitor and communicate updates on product priorities to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with our external partners to deliver solutions that will solve problems for our users
- Drive progress across product initiatives by removing blockers from the team and going the extra mile to ensure that the product objectives are met
- Make several decisions daily on the best path to success for our product objectives
What it Takes to Succeed in the Role
- Are a clear and empathetic communicator both verbally and in your writing
- Are motivated by the opportunity to improve the lives of our users
- Have a deep and unrelenting customer focus
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid, manageable tasks and action plans
- Are a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- Obsess over continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases beyond just shipping new products
- Take an evidence-based and data-driven approach to making decisions
- 3+ years of experience in Product development.
- Demonstrate the ability to create, update and maintain product documentation
- Ability to assess ascertain technical risks
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
While this isn't a requirement, it'll be a plus if you have:
- Experience working at a Fintech or Fintech Startup focused on Mobile Money Services
- Prior experience with leading a Product team
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer building production-grade applications
- Competitive salary
- Full medical coverage
- The opportunity to work at a fast-growing startup that has a direct impact on Mobile Money Agents
- A team that's invested in your growth
- Stock Option
- N400,000 - N500,000 per month.
At Moni, we believe in the collective prosperity of both our staff and our agents. We hire the most versatile, curious and talented people we can find and give them all they need to thrive!
Come join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.