Lead Corporate FX
Oval Finance is building the most comprehensive gateway to alternative financial services for institutions and enterprises across Africa. Oval enables businesses in Africa to save in stable currencies, execute cross-border transactions, access credit, and invest. Oval’s easy-to-integrate APIs enable fintechs to provide their users with crypto-enabled products and services while abstracting away operational complexities.
About The Role
Oval is looking to hire a Lead Corporate FX who will be responsible for sourcing and executing foreign currency exchange trades on behalf of corporate clients. Your main goal is to generate sales and develop business partnerships with volume buyers of FX (GHS->USD/EUR). You will also manage liquidity, manage existing client investments, assess competitive market pricing, and execute transactions in an efficient and timely manner.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Sourcing, contacting, onboarding, and fostering profitable business relationships with new leads for the GHS->USD/EUR corridor. Bringing in new business!
- Trading currencies with corporate institutions and banks, ensuring settlement of transactions.
- Recording all relevant information and data regarding currency buys and sells of corporate clients.
- Work closely with regional sales staff and currency brokers for trade execution.
- Reviewing client orders to ensure accuracy, proper record keeping and conformance to regulations.
- Staying up to date with market trends and sentiment to keep both clients and prospects well informed.
- Maintain marketplace/trade knowledge and originate large corporate deals.
- Understanding the KYC, AML, compliance, and on-boarding process in detail.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
In this role, you will be responsible for generating sales and developing business partnerships with volume buyers of FX (GHS->USD/EUR).
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job?
You would need to source and execute foreign currency exchange trades on behalf of corporate clients
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 4+ years of proven financial experience in trading, FX dealing, ALM, or treasury/liquidity management.
- Solid book of existing corporate FX trading clients and counterparties.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication. Proven analytical skills and proficiency in MS Office
- A solid understanding of financial markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field.
- A self-starter with the ability to be adept in negotiating business deals and making sound decisions that benefit the company
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals, and high-net-worth clients
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary & ESOP.
- Very aggressive bonus compensation structure
- Health insurance
- Learning and professional development
- Currently remote work location.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bridging emerging market fintechs to decentralized finance...