This job is no longer accepting applications.
We call ourselves CareerBuddy. Most people say we are a recruiting organization. But we are much more. What we do and how we do it aren’t as important as why we do it. Here’s our WHY: If you pay attention, you will always hear the majority of employees are disengaged from their work. Most people hate what they do. Also, a lot of companies find it difficult to hire highly engaged professionals. We exist to solve this problem. Our vision is to help highly engaged and driven professionals navigate their careers. That involves helping them find new opportunities, supporting them with resources, access to networks, and content that helps them transform their careers.
How we work
Our team is small, high functioning, excellence-driven, and distributed. The most important thing for us is to deliver exceptional, high-quality work at all times. We don’t have an office so to speak, you can do your work from anywhere as long as your work is done. We practice idea meritocracy. That means the best idea wins regardless of where it comes from. We give direct, open feedback to help you and the team collectively perform better. We don’t have time for politics or seniority. We are obsessed with personal growth. And we like to have fun doing what we like.
About The Role
Careerbuddy is looking to hire a graphics designer that will translate content and ideas into relatable visuals. You will define requirements, visualize and create graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of guides, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters to produce the final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
How Important Are you to the bottom-line
You will ensure that we churn out compelling and attractive designs that appeal to our corporate and individual audiences in a timely manner.
Biggest Problem-Solving duties on The Job
You will have the exciting challenge of ensuring designs are in line with laid down guidelines and communication tone while trying to service multiple audiences with relatable designs.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 2 years experience in graphics design
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as Illustrator, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
What do you stand to gain?
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Remuneration
- Remote Work
Your application has been successfully submitted.