This job is no longer accepting applications.
Data Engineer at Cassbana
Cassbana is a technology solution that builds financial identities for the underserved communities in Egypt through micro-lending and building a behavior-based scoring system. Making them the future data-driven financial advisory collective.
They help millions of people to elevate their standards of living and literally foster the economic growth of the developing nations through providing accessible financial instruments.
Through their vast networks, they creatively collect data that helps them create a financial identity for the underserved and unbanked.
About the role
As a Data Engineer on the Data Science and Engineering team, you will be a part of an autonomous, self-starter and high-impact team developing systems for Fraud Prevention, Financial Identities and Credit Scoring. You will also be responsible for the following:
● Build and maintain ETLs in a cloud environment (Azure and/or Google Cloud)
● Write Spark jobs for data transformation on structured and semi-structured datasets
● Contribute to the design and implementation of the application databases and storage hierarchy
● Design and Implement a real-time data streaming architecture
● Write code for monitoring pipelines and data quality, as well as serving data to different consumers
● Maintain the data infrastructure in a healthy and highly available state.
What you need to have done in your career
● 2+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer using Python/Scala as well as Spark and SQL
● Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis.
● Strong understanding of database concepts such as Relational, NoSQL, Graph Databases, etc...
● Strong understanding of best practices in Data Warehousing and Data Modelling concepts
● Experience building high load, scalable and robust systems
● Ability to go above your functional responsibilities and help to solve problems across departments and business verticals.
● Master's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field
● Previous Experience in building complex ETLs and Data Transformation pipelines
● Understanding of Cloud Native environment, its details, and ability to work in any of the 3 cloud providers
● Highly Preferred experience with real-time data streaming
● Preferred some experience with visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
What do you stand to gain
● Competitive Remuneration
● Work with a brilliant multinational team.
● Work on Exciting Projects that provides financial access to Africans
Your application has been successfully submitted.