Backend Engineer (Node.Js , PHP)
Cassbana is a technology solution that builds financial identities for the underserved communities in Egypt through micro-lending and building a behavior-based scoring system. Making them the future data-driven financial advisory collective.
They help millions of people to elevate their standards of living and literally foster the economic growth of the developing nations through providing accessible financial instruments.
Through their vast networks, they creatively collect data that helps them create a financial identity for the underserved and unbanked.
About the role
Their team of world-class engineers at Cassbana is looking for a Backend Engineer, who is passionate about Software Engineering and is driven by the urge to solve complex problems in the financial world. If this is you, they will like to meet you.
As a Backend Engineer on the Technology team, you will be a part of a value-aligned group developing their financial system responsible for customers and merchants facing interface. You will also be responsible for the following:
● Leading engineering team on a daily basis making sure goals are met on time, communicating with stakeholders continuously and proactively
● Write high-quality, performant and reliable code.
● Work independently, deliver results end to end. Take responsibility for outcomes.
● Participate in the on-call rotation, jump in and help resolve any type of production incidents.
● Be a team player, understand Agile processes, learn, follow and improve the ways we work
● Design and build highly scalable and robust systems.
How important are you to the bottomline
As a back-end engineer, you will support the needs of the back-end systems. You will be responsible for driving the Cassbana App forward in quality, features, and scalability.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will have the task of integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application to ensure the seamless exchange of data between the server and the users. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
What you need to have done in your career
● 3 years of professional experience in Software Engineering in NodeJs and Relational Databases. PHP, Laravel as a plus.
● Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis.
● Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality solutions against aggressive roadmaps.
● Experience building high load, scalable and robust systems.
● Ability to go above your functional responsibilities and help to solve problems across departments and business verticals.
● Master's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields.
● Experience in rapid prototyping and other fast iteration methods for product development.
● Experience in building complex Software engineering solutions.
● Knowledge of professional Software engineering practices & processes including Scrum/Kanban, various XP practices.
● Strong focus on delivering results, ability to think out of the box and beyond your area of responsibility.
● Understanding of Cloud Native environment
What do you stand to gain
● Competitive Remuneration
● Work with a brilliant multinational team.
● Work on Exciting Projects that provides financial access to Africans
Your application has been successfully submitted.