Business Development Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Viathan Engineering Limited is a leading world-class provider of captive and embedded power solutions in Nigeria with the goal to be Africa's preferred energy solutions company. They also distribute generated power to governmental, commercial, and residential off-takers in the Lagos metropolis and across Nigeria, using natural gas as fuel.
About the role
They looking to hire a Business Development Officer that will play an active role in business research; conceptualization and development of new products. You will also identify new markets/segments/niches and customers with immediate and unfulfilled needs that the company can satisfy profitably.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the Business Development officer, you will be responsible for identifying and improving the company’s products and services that are underperforming. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Evaluate, define and prepare relevant market assessment and commercial pricing analysis and forecast suitable for natural gas (and power) sales and purchasing
- Develop new business opportunities as well as manage all commercial agreements to optimize the company's commercial interests and drive revenue
- Develop detailed commercial analysis workflow reporting and guidelines for departmental consideration and related inter-company parties
- Develop and maintain a robust database, partner file, and commercial contacts suitable to assist the company in approaching and negotiating with potential business partners
- Manage and retain relationships with key accounts and all existing clients
- Represent the company at strategic and industry-related meetings with a view to establishing a strong presence within the energy (power and gas) sector
- Streamlining lead generation processes, enabling the sales team to chase leads swiftly and successfully
- Prepare and present monthly and/or quarterly performance reports detailing the operational and financial status of mother stations, performance and projections.
- Liaise with the Operations, Finance and Corporate Services teams by providing accurate sales figures and costs to arrive at accurate estimates for both internal and external use.
- Make recommendations based on emerging trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats and internal business process improvement.
- Manage and ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Any other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time by the Management team
How important are you to the bottom line?
Your role as the Business Development Officer is a crucial one as you will be directly responsible for developing and executing strategies that will increase the sales and profit of the company. You will also ensure that the company achieves its revenue targets.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will identify and leverage opportunities to communicate Viathan’s value proposition to existing customers that lead to upsells and also appeal to prospective clients. You will keep an eye out for opportunities to generate revenue for the company through client relationships,
What do you need to have done In your career?
- 3- 5 years’ cognate experience in a similar role
- Energy industry experience would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business-related field, a Master’s degree in Business Administration is an advantage
- Additional education may include specialized training, professional certifications, workshops, and seminars relevant to the industry
- A strong sense of business acumen, analytics, and case justification
- Highly skilled in Product design and development, Market research, Sales and Marketing
- Have key knowledge of account management and financial modeling
- Possess excellent communication, people, and relationship management skills
- Have a strategic and analytical mind
- Proficient in MS Office packages
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive remuneration
- Contribute to providing power solutions to the underserved
Your application has been successfully submitted.